food. prepare a salad in advance.

I'll probably throw a few of these out there - tips for the kitchen, home, garden, etc. Just because I throw them out there doesn't mean I've tried them. Feel free to think of them as reminders for the both of us to try. Have a tip? Tweet it to me (@JenEvison) and I'll create a post about it!

Preparing a salad in advance
From: Real Simple Magazine


Want to make a salad well before serving-without ending up with a limp mess? It's easy: Just layer the ingredients in one large bowl. Place the dressing at the bottom, then add sturdy, wilt-resistant vegetables (such as cut-up peppers, carrots, cucumbers, and radishes) and top with greens. Cover it all with a damp paper towel and refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Right before mealtime, remove the towel, add any delicate items (like croutons), and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment