This recipe came from our friends Joe and Marie after a recent visit to Australia. As usual with many of our friends, food became a topic of conversation over a few
Fettucini Alla Marie
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 a white onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 pound prosciutto, julienned (we used about 80 grams)
1/6 pound pancetta, tear in strips (again, we used about 80 grams)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed (optional)
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
1 pound fresh fettuccini
1. Open the bottle of wine and pour a glass and start enjoying.
2. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a couple minutes or until tender.
3. Add prosciutto and pancetta and let it cook for 2 minutes then add a splash of white wine and let simmer for a minute. Season with salt and pepper, to taste then add cream and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle cheese over top and stir to melt and combine. Cook until heated through.
5. In a large pot of boiling salted water, add fettuccini and cook until al dente. Add peas a few minutes before draining.
6. After draining add the peas and fettucini to skillet. Toss to combine pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve, garnished with extra cheese and parsley.
After we made the sauce, my exact words were "I could swim in this". I repeat the above, it's that good.
We increased the prosciutto, pancetta, and cream...we like all three so why not.
You could easily increase/decrease ingredients to your liking.