Amazing. This was a recipe we saw on Jamie Oliver's 15 Minute Meals. Being me, this was going to take about 30-45 minutes. Sorry, no Jamie Oliver support team in our kitchen! If you're into Indian food and want to be healthy, try this recipe!
Chicken Tikka Lentil, Spinach & Naan Salad
2 skinless chicken breasts
2 heaped tsp tikka paste
4 chestnut mushrooms (I used button mushrooms)
4 spring onions (I have these in the freezer, already cut up)
1 fresh red chilli
1 heaped tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 x 250g pack of ready-to-eat
Puy lentils (I used about a cup or so of dry lentils, cooked in a pressure cooker)
1 ripe tomato
red wine vinegar
1 big bunch of fresh coriander (cilantro for all my readers from the States - I think that's one of you b/c I don't do anything to market my blog!)
4 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
1 heaped tbsp raw cashew nuts
1 heaped tbsp mango chutney
1 tsp turmeric
2 naan breads
200g baby spinach
½ a cucumber
30g feta cheese (really, use as much as you want. Feta is delicious)
1. Heat a pan to cook the chicken.
2. Clean and butterfly the chicken breast. Toss with salt, pepper and the tikka paste
3. Place on the hot pan with the halved mushrooms, turning after 3 or 4 minutes, until nicely charred and cooked through
4. Heat another pan for the lentil mixture.
5. Trim and finely slice the spring onions and half the chilli.
6. Put the mustard and cumin seeds and 2 tablespoons of oil into the second pan, followed by the sliced spring onion and chilli.
7. Tip the lentils into the pan, squash in the tomato and add a pinch of salt and pepper and a splash of red wine vinegar.
8. Toss occasionally for a couple of minutes, then turn the heat off.
9. In a food processor, add coriander stalks, the juice of 1 lemon, the yoghurt, cashews, mango chutney and turmeric, then whiz up until smooth. This is going to be your dressing. It's bomb.com.au.
10. Remove the cooked chicken and mushrooms from the griddle and put the naan on the pan.
11. Tip the baby spinach on to a serving board or platter, scatter over the lentils, speed-peel the cucumber and carrot over the top and sprinkle over the mushrooms.
12. Slice the chicken, naan and remaining chilli and arrange on top, then crumble over the feta and spoon over the dressing.
13. Finish with the coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges.
As I said above, AMAZING! Make it and let me know what you think - write a comment down below or feel free to tweet me, @JenEvison.
For the original recipe, click here.